The post office opened here in 1890 under the name Turquoise and closed in 1894. Gleeson's post office was established October 15, 1900 and discontinued March 31, 1939. Gleeson was a town of about 500 people mining copper. In 1912 a fire burned down 28 buildings but the town was rebuilt. As the mines played out in 1940, Gleeson became the semi-ghost it is today with a few residents still living there.
The General Store today.. Below is a mural of what the town used to look like back when..
More pictures on the photo page.