Jul 2011

UltraSatan

I got around to setting up my UltraSatan yesterday on the Atari MegaSTE. I ordered this thing close to 4 months ago, almost had given up on it. They are handmade by a guy in the UK that no longer makes them. It finally showed up in the mail a few weeks ago. By that point, I already had my AdSCSI Plus ST up and going using a 2GB Jaz drive as the boot disk for the MegaSTE.

But I figured I should at least give this thing a go after waiting for it so long. I was able to
use The ICD Pro software to format a 512MB SD card on the MegaSTE. Then started looking at using some pre-made images to avoid having to copy over all my games on the MegaSTE itself. I found this program works perfectly, even in Win7 x64. Drive Image Software. Picked up a 2 pack of 2GB SD cards at Fred Meyer yesterday for 10 bucks. Used the drive image software to create two cards using the 2GB images at this link. ST HD images. MegaSTE boots and mounts both cards at the same time on the UltraSatan.

Very nice, I am loving it. UltraSatan didn’t come with a power adaptor, but using an old 9v Sega Master System power supply does the trick nicely.

Just setup a page about my
Mega STE and have some pictures of it here.
|